Hui is a New York City born and raised performer who currently resides
in her hometown of Brooklyn, NY. She took a break from singing and
acting, to work a full-time job. After over 5 years of working, she lost
that job, but she saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and has
taken this as an opportunity to pursue her true love: PERFORMING! From
week one of her unemployment, she has broken into the entertainment
industry full-throttle in the areas of film, television, print modeling
and commercial work.
Teresa was named a winner for Amateur Night at the legendary Apollo Theater, won top honors in various talent competitions including Got Talent 2: A Competition to Benefit Autism at the Midtown Theatre, and has showed off her vocal prowess in the NYC Singing Idol competition. She has also performed and headlined shows at New York Comedy Club with her stand-up comedy and original comedy songs.
NEWS: - August 23rd 2016 - Teresa will be performing for the fundraising event for the feature film "Tarab" on Saturday, August 27th at 7pm, Solas Bar NYC. Tickets are available for purchase here.
- August 1st, 2016 - Teresa is currently playing the role of Unnayan in the epic Filipino play with movement and music, "Lam-ang: The Journey of a Hero," presented as part of the Midtown International Theatre Festival at the Workshop Theatre on August 1st, 4th and 6th. Get your tickets here.
- July 18th, 2016 - Teresa premiered a new duet with former cast-mate Lauren Testerman from the musical comedy "Love Quirks" at the 8th Annual Broadway Meows concert at Don't Tell Mama, featuring the songs of composer Seth Bisen-Hersh. Proceeds went to the Humane Society of New York.
- June 30th, 2016 - Teresa is in rehearsals for MARINA's High-Nrg Fitness LIVE!-"THE MUSICAL" with Kamen Entertainment Group, Inc. NYC. The performance will take place at The Triad Theatre, 158 W. 72nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY on Friday, September 30th at 7pm!
- June 23rd, 2016 - Teresa did a photoshoot with Hedley the Vulture!
- June 14th, 2016 - Teresa has been cast in the play "Lam-ang: The Journey of a Hero," which will be presented as part of the Midtown International Theatre Festival. Performances will be on August 1st, 4th and 6th at the Workshop Theatre Main Stage, 312 W. 36th Street, New York, NY.
- June 13th, 2016 - Teresa shot a role as a policewoman in a feature film in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn!
- June 7th, 2016 - Teresa filmed various roles for the series wrap of the comedy web series "Callie & Izzy".
- June 6th, 2016 - Teresa was part of a table read for the epic Filipino play Lam-ang at the Medicine Show Theatre.
- May 22nd, 2016 - Teresa filmed a role in the new comedy web series "Neem's Themes"! Episode will be coming out in July!
- May 16th, 2016 - Teresa performed for a second night in Seth Bisen-Hersh's 400th Showcase Nonapalooza at Don't Tell Mama.
- May 14th, 2016 - Teresa sang the United Arab Emirates National Anthem as well as the Star-Spangled Banner at the New York Road Runners UAE Healthy KIdney 10K race in Central Park. There were over 8,000 runners, spectators, and UAE officials in attendance!
- May 10th, 2016 - Teresa performed in Seth Bisen-Hersh's 400th Showcase Nonapalooza at Don't Tell Mama. - May 4th, 2016 - Teresa filmed a co-star role for the TV pilot "Every Day a Little Seth"! She had appeared in the show as a recurring character when it was a series for each season. - April 30th, 2016 - Teresa has wrapped with principal photography for Season 1 of the web series that she's co-producing, co-wrote and co-starred in, These Three Girls! Stay tuned for a release at the end of the year.
- April 29th, 2016 - Teresa has been booked to sing the National Anthem of the United Arab Emigrates for the New York Road Runners Healthy Kidney 10K race in Central on Saturday, May 14th, 2016!
- April 24th, 2016 - Teresa was booked for and performed the Star-Spangled Banner for 10,500 runners for the New York Road Runners Run As One race in Central Park on Sunday, April 24th, 2016! This was her 1st National Anthem performance at a sporting event!
- April 23rd, 2016 - Teresa worked on multiple roles for Season 2 of comedy web series "Callie & Izzy"!
- April 13th, 2016 - Teresa was BOOKED to perform the National Anthem at the New York Road Runners Run As One race in Central Park on April 24th, 2016.
- March 6th, 2016 - Teresa was part of a table read for Season 2 of the comedy web series "Callie & Izzy"! - February 8th, 2016 - Teresa performed in TIM REALBUTO IS INAPPROPRIATE at the Cutting Room!
- February 3rd, 2016 - Teresa's first feature film in a leading role, "The Unity of All Things," will be screening at the Film Society of Lincoln Center on February 5th, 7th and 11th!
- November 16th, 2015 - Teresa performed in the 7th Annual Broadway CAN! charity concert along with Broadway and Off-Broadway stars, singing the songs of Seth Bisen-Hersh at Don't Tell Mama. Proceeds went towards City Harvest.
- September 22nd, 2015 - Teresa will be appearing in the new comedy web series "Callie & Izzy" as a couple of supporting characters in the first season! She's excited to get to be part of this hilarious new project about a girl with Puppetitis B.! Series will be premiering in late 2015!
- August 20th, 2015 - Teresa is thrilled to be in the cast of the FINAL version of Tim Realbuto's show Wunderkind, performing at the Triad Theatre, on September 1st at 7pm. Get your tickets here before they sell out!
- July 10th, 2015 - Teresa will be returning to the New York Musical Theatre Festival for the first time in 7 years! She will be performing in Tim Realbuto's show Wunderkind, which will be a special one-night only concert event on July 26th at 5pm. Also featuring Tony Award Winner Beth Leavel and Drama Desk Winner Lisa Howard. You can purchase tickets here.
- July 9th, 2015 - Teresa will be reuniting with her fellow castmates from Love Quirks for Broadway Meows, a concert of songs by Seth Bisen-Hersh, on Monday, July 13th at 7pm at Don't Tell Mama! Proceeds go to the Humane Society of New York. For tickets, reserve here.
- June 12th, 2015 - Teresa was selected to audition for the ABC and NBC Diversity showcases!
- June 9th, 2015 - Teresa will be performing in a star-studded concert of songs by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on June 15th at 9:30pm! Proceeds of the concert will benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS! Get your tickets here.
- May 2015 - Teresa is currently filming her SAG-AFTRA comedic web series "These Three Girls" throughout Spring 2015! Check out their teaser trailer right HERE.
- May 18th, 2015 - Teresa is now one of the faces of the "We Give a Damn" campaign to work towards equality for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community.
- May 15th, 2015 - Teresa performed for two nights of Seth Bisen-Hersh's 350th Octopalooza Showcase Celebration Extravaganza at Don't Tell Mama.
- April 27th, 2015 - Teresa has been performing as a cast member in the Off-Broadway show MARINA's High-Nrg Fitness LIVE!...an Interactive Theatrical WORKOUT Club Experience at Bunga's Den. Featured in BroadwayWorld.com! - April 23rd, 2015 - Teresa has been cast in the role of MEI in the staged reading of new musical Under Her Hat!, which will be presented as part of the Emerging Artists Theatre Festival of New Works on June 4th at TADA!
- November 29th, 2014 - Teresa filmed a feature film trailer with some film legends, including Brian O'Halloran, Mike Starr, and Japanese competitive eating champion Takeru Kobayshi! She got the opportunity to do a table read with some of these fine actors in 2013, and is looking forward to this project moving forward to the next phase!
- Teresa will be performing in "Bending Threads & Friends: Where is the Love?", a melodic response to the uprising chaos in our nation. Facing social injustice, world terrorism, and the fear of disease, we desire to focus on the all healing power of LOVE for our fellow man. Performance will take place on Thursday, November 6th, 2014, at The Duplex in NYC at 630pm! Make your reservations here.
- Teresa begins production of her SAG-AFTRA comedic web series "These Three Girls" this fall! She will be co-producing, co-writing and co-starring with some fun and fabulously talented cast & crew!
- Teresa completed a 14-performance limited-engagement run of the new musical "Love Quirks" at Theatre 54 from September 11th-28th, 2014! She received rave reviews from Talkin' Broadway, StageBuddy, and an overall rave from BroadwayWorld.com!
- Preview performances for "Love Quirks" at Theatre 54 begin on Thursday, September 11th! Get your tickets now!
- Teresa has been cast in the lead role of Lili in the September limited-engagement run of new musical "Love Quirks" at Theatre 54!
- Teresa performed in Seth Bisen-Hersh's 300th Showcase Celebration Extravaganza at Don't Tell Mama on May 6th, 2014!
- Teresa's first feature film in a leading role, "The Unity of All Things," recently screened at the Chicago Underground Film Festival on April 6th, 2014! A portion of the film was shot in Chicago at Fermilab.
- Teresa BOOKED and filmed a principal role in a SAG industrial!
- Teresa recently appeared in Seth Bisen-Hersh's newest show, "Not Your Grandma's Cabaret" at Don't Tell Mama NYC on April 4th, 2014!
- Teresa's first feature film as a leading role in, "The Unity of All Things," made its US PREMIERE at BAM on Friday, December 13th! The screening was SOLD-OUT!
- The web series that Teresa co-created, co-produced, co-wrote and is co-starring in, "These Three Girls," has their Indiegogo page up! The campaign video features legendary cult filmmaker, and President of Troma Entertainment and creator of the Toxic Avenger, Lloyd Kaufman! Please DONATE to the series and help fund its 6-episode 1st season!
- Teresa recently got to perform with Jerry Skids at the WDW Today Podcast Reunion at Walt Disney World, presented by WDW Today and MEI-Mouse Fan Travel! She performed two songs from the podcast, written by Jerry Skids, at the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk Inn!
- Teresa recently performed in not just one, but TWO cabarets at the end of December! "My First Affair" with Stephen Santoro at Don't Tell Mama, NYC on Friday, December 20th, 2013, where she got to sing some holiday favorites and play some ukulele, and "Valentine's Day in December", which was her debut at the Duplex in NYC on Saturday, December 21st, 2013, where she got to belt out some musical theatre classics!
Content copyright . Teresa Hui. All rights reserved.